• In the event of breakage the particles are small and are relatively harmless compared with the sharp splinters resulting from the breakage of annealed glass.
• The toughening process also greatly reduces the risk of thermal breakage.
• Up to five times stronger than annealed glass of the same thickness, making it an ideal safety or security glass.
• Available in Clear, Tinted, Reflective, Low Iron, Etched, Textured, Colorsmart, Thermocolour and Low E glass types.
• All work done on Toughened glass (beveling, cutting, drilling, etc.) must be done before tempering.
• Allows architects and builders far greater scope in their use of glass in buildings.